Friday, March 15, 2013

Insanity Lauren Hammond






Adelaide Carmichael and Damien Allen couldn't have been more opposite.
Adelaide's mother abandoned her when she was ten years old, leaving her to be raised by her abusive and alcoholic father.
Damien on the other hand came from a wealthy family, was a local celebrity, and seemed to have a bright future ahead of him.
Despite their differences, Adelaide and Damien were young, wild, and fiercely in love.
And they had a plan.
They were going to run away together.
To live and love each other freely without restraints.
And their plan was set in motion, until tragedy struck and for some reason, Adelaide wound up in The Oakhill Institution for the insane.
Adelaide has no idea what she did to wind up at Oakhill, but she knows one thing for sure...
She wants out.
And after Damien follows her there to aid her in escaping, Adelaide slowly begins putting together the pieces of her missing memory.
And it doesn't take Adelaide long to figure out that sometimes...
That one true love never dies.
This is a mature New Adult Romance novel, intended for ages 17 and up. 




Well that was fun! 

In Insanity we follow Addy, who along with her boyfriend Damien were planning on running away together until Addy wakes up in an asylum and doesn't know why. 
So much going on, weird doctors, abusive parents, judgmental parents, freaky nightmares. It's so busy you can't possibly get bored. 

I loved it so much it was really intense. Slightly too sickly sweet for me on the romance front but I didn't really care in the end. I'm never a fan of overly sweet romance I like it and all but you know what I mean right? When it's like every encounter they have is this epic moment and blahhh. I just cringe but there was enough of everything else to still make it great. 

The pacing was excellent, really fast paced but still only drip feeding small details. Each chapter alternates between before Addy got sent to the asylum and after she got sent there. Ooooooh just read it.

The writing has a weird dreamlike quality, so I did feel Addy's scattered brain. Really short sentences, snappy words, repeating little phrases all added to the claustrophobic feel, I really felt the poor girls confusion. 

I can't really say anything else for fear of ruining it. I read the last 10% with my jaw dropped laughing like a psycho and just saying NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY over and over. 

What I want to say is:
GUESS WHAT?!?!?......is really.....and you know ??!?!?? well whats actually going on is........and when ??!?!? yeah!....well really what is happening is.....?!?!?!?!? 
But alas.....I can't, so just reeeeead. 

I thought it was obvious what was going to happen......How arrogant I was!!! I was right but that was just a drop in the ocean of what was happening.

I'm slightly peeved though because book three was supposed to be released a while ago and it kept being put back and now nobody knows when its going to be released. If I had know that I would have waited before reading this. I don't cope well with not knowing, I am not a patient woman. 

But anyway......this book is a seriously fun twisty-turny upside down around and around read

No comments:

Post a Comment